#stuffonscoutshead - really don’t understand all this ‘Fleas’ Navidad stuff everyone’s talking about.
I love this Tumblr page. EVERYONE NEEDS TO GET ON BOARD!
And this of course is Aragorn’s sword Anduril, Flame of the West, re-forged from the shards of Narsil, given to me by Viggo Mortensen. Now, this has nothing to do with the metaphor - I just want to remind everyone that I have this.
I have quite a few pet peeves when it comes to wrestling and I’d like to talk about 2 of those pet peeves.
1. When two wrestlers don’t realize they’ve had a horrible match and promote the match as the best match in their life.
2. People who don’t tell these people “Actually, it was a pretty bad match and here’s why.”.
Two wrestlers recently had a match down in Central California and after they had their match and got home, they posted about how it was the best match they’ve ever had. I wasn’t at the show but ever since I heard those two talking about it, I was curious. Tonight I watched that match and of course… it was bad. Here’s what I noticed.
1. Referee keeps shrugging his shoulders and putting his hands up like he’s asking “What?” or “Why are you doing that?” or “I don’t know.” at the heel wrestler and the wrestler’s two managers. Why? I have no fucking clue. They’re just walking around the ring together. What the fuck is the Ref’s beef with people walking around the ring?
2. Match is pretty much a strike fest. Which is fine. However it’s pro wrestling and more than THREE moves should be thrown. If I wanted to see kickboxing, I’d watch fucking kickboxing.
3. No selling or barely any kind of selling at all. This bugs the fuck out of me and I saw it constantly in this match. If I get kicked in the side, or the leg, or forearmed in the side of the neck, I’m gonna sell it. I’m gonna sell the fuck out of it. Why? Because it fucking hurt. That’s why and I’m not superman.
4. The Referee botches the count, twice. Someone didn’t get kick out twice. Literally did not move and the Referee stopped counting to 3… twice. I wanted to shoot myself in the fucking eyes.
5. Heel Wrestler doesn’t sell shit or barely sells anything all match long, surprise strike to the face from babyface wrestler, heel gets knocked out cold and gets pinned 1, 2, 3.
Let me say this again, heel wrestler barely sells anything all match long but one surprise kick to the face and the wrestler is out cold. What the hell?
and finally 6. The Match from bell to bell went just a little over 3 minutes. If a 3 minute match where no one sells shit, no more than 3 actual wrestling moves are thrown, and the referee fucks up the count twice, and it’s the best match you’ve ever had, there’s something wrong with this picture.
Submitted by Rachel.
When I started in this business in 2002 Apw and SPW did not get along. In fact they were enemies. At cac one year I even vowed to piss on Roland Alexander’s grave when he did.
But time passed. And Roland got sick and he knew death was coming for him. This led to him leaving the garage and attending shows whenever possible. And along the way Roland fell in love with NorCal wrestling and instead of just being a leader and mentor at Apw he became a leader and mentor to the entire NorCal scene.
A few weeks ago one of his students joined Frost and I in a half marathon. Kitty provided live updates of the race and Roland commented on every single one of them. He sat and cheered for us from afar. He believed in what we were doing and he wanted the world to know.
And he believed in SPW and promoted us whenever possible.
And he believed in me, dubbing me “Mr Punishment” not because of what I put my opponents through but because of what I put myself through whenever I walk the aisle.
Today Roland died. Arguably the most senior vet in NorCal is now gone. And it sucks.I take my vows and my word very seriously but am happy to say I will be breaking the vow I made all those years ago at cac.
I feel blessed that I got to not only wrestle for him at the world famous garage but that he trusted me with his students, trusted me to face them, team with them, and book them.
NorCal is better because of what Roland did for it. He will be missed.
Thank you, sir. Rest in peace
The director’s cut of Who framed Roger Rabbit?
she so calm about her titties poppin out
Where has this been my whole
I’ve always wanted her proportions
This made my day!!!!!
I cannot tell you how happy this makes me!! <3 <3 <3
Makes me pretty happy too.